We provide reliable engines through our MGM Generators. They are fuel economy and can run reliably.
An engine is a device that transforms a various forms of energy into mechanical energy. The most common place that we can see an engine is from the generators and vehicles .
There are a few components in an engine:
- The first component is a piston. A piston is fitted with steel rings which fill the gap between it and the cylinder well.
- The next component is a valve. A valve is the component to let in air and fuel and to let out exhaust, the intake and exhaust valve will open at the appropriate times.
- Another component is a crankshaft. A crankshaft is the part that transfers piston power from the engine to the wheels. It is equipped with counterweights to ensure a balanced spin.
- The third component is flywheel. A flywheel is a heavy and large large metal disc attached to the end of the crankshaft. It helps to transmit the engine power and to smooth out the individual impulses of the pistons so that the power flows evenly.
- The following component is a camshaft. A camshaft has peer-shaped lobes which actuate the valves, usually one inlet and one exhaust valve for each cylinder.
- A camshaft drive belt is also called as timing belt. It is a toothed rubber belt that drives the camshaft from a sprocket mounted on the end of the crankshaft. It helps to prevent the piston from striking the valve.
- Lastly, it’s a connecting rod. A connecting rod connects the piston to the crankshaft. It converts the movement of pistons from up and down to rotary motion through a treadle action.
Now, it’s time to show how an engine works. An engine will convert thermal energy of the burning air-fuel mixture into mechanical force to produce power and motion. Then, the pistons will start a up-and-down movement which leaded by the camshaft from the energy created by the mixture. When the piston starts working, it will put the crankshaft in motion through the assist from the connecting rod. The movement crankshaft will bring the flywheel to start rotating.
Finally, the engine starts working!
To know more about our MGM generators, please visit our MGM online shop.