Pros and Cons of Diesel & Gasoline (Petrol) Generators
The main advantage of the petrol generator is:
– The price of gasoline mini power station (generator) will be lower than diesel in certain counties;
– Easy to operate and maintain (a large base of parts);
– The weight of gasoline generators, for often lower than that of diesel. They are suitable for use outdoors or in the country – no difficulties in working at low temperatures.
Disadvantages gasoline generator:
– Short service life, depending on the manufacturer, it may be from 500 to 3000 hours. Thus petrol generators is not rational to use as the primary power source. They can be set as the maximum standby power;
– Fuel consumption is higher than that of diesel: gasoline, the average consumption of 550gr / kW, and diesel – 330 g / kW. In other words – is more expensive to operate.
The diesel generator is designed for continuous operation with different load levels.
The main advantage of the diesel generator is:
– A stable operation during heavy use. These generators can be used as a permanent power supply system, the service life of 4,000 to 40,000 hours;
– Underestimated noise level, compared with a gasoline generator – fuel consumption is much lower than that of gasoline. A continuous operation it follows in a significant amount.
Disadvantages of the diesel generator:
– At work in the winter, the diesel has the ability to “paraffin”, and diesel fuel for low temperatures;
– It is not always justified. The difficulties start in the winter;
– The price of diesel generator petrol above;
– Field of application is narrowed compared to gasoline generator, it is less mobile, a lot of weight compensated with additional handles and wheels, but that’s not enough for a hike in the woods.